Saturday, October 17, 2009

Learning to Skate

Today Maya went to her first Learn to Skate lesson. It's a great program for kids starting at 3 years of age. It's a great way to learn to skate because it doesn't hurt to fall down. She loved every minute of it. When you put a bunch of 3 year olds on ice, there's always bound to be somebody crying. Not Maya! I thought she was going to cry when I pulled her off the ice. The gear was too big so she could hardly move. The coach suggested we make some modifications, like using elbow pads for knee pads. One of the mom said to me "She's not afraid of anything, is she?" I answered with "Only flies!".

Gearing up.


I'm ready!




Got my name on my helmet.


Pushing buckets encourages them to move their legs outward in a skating motion.



Making new friends.


Look who else is learning to skate!


No more pictures, Mom!





2 comments:

Wild Wendi said...

Go Maya - chicks rule, boys drool on the ice!
Wendi

Our Family said...

Is there really a teeny tiny little girl under all those pads? They look like they weigh more than Maya! Too cute! Mary Li