Monday, July 21, 2008

The Buchard Family

I just added a new link to my list of favorite blogs. Kelly Shelton is my oldest friend. We met in 3rd grade. She just moved to Belgium with her French husband, Simon Buchard, and their four children. Read her blog if you want to read funny stories about an American trying to adjust to Europe (or as Elizabeth Curry says, you just want to procrastinate on cleaning your bathroom). Speaking of which...there are three unclean bathrooms calling me...

By the way...I went back to work last week. I'm only doing two afternoons per week right now. In August I will go back to my two full days per week. I love working part time. It keeps me sane. I am a much better nurse practitioner than a domestic goddess. It gives me just enough structure to help me prioritize. When I stay home full time, I have no discipline and tend to slip into a post-partum dementia. Maya is very comfortable with my mom and doesn't seem to miss me too much. All the kids think Grandma is a lot more fun. They even beg to go to her house on my days off! I tell them we have to give Grandma a break once in a while. My mom has the kids when I work. Matt's mom helps out where needed. I am so lucky to have both grandmas in town.

1 comment:

Stevens Family said...

Oh, you are so lucky to have both grandmas living near you. What a great help that must be. We're pretty much on our own where we live.

Love all the pics on the side of the blog. The chapstick one is a crack up. I also like the words and signs. Autumn has so many these days and her new favorite is "no" LOL!