Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day, 2009

On Father's Day it was raining and blowing. Not good weather to take kids out on a skiff. So we took Dad to Soldotna for Go Kart racing. Then we went to Fred Meyer's. Riley got a bat weight and a pair of jeans. Chris got new sweat pants. Maya got an umbrella just her size. (She loves playing with my umbrella). I got a ton of perennials at a good price. Oops, looks like everyone got to do what they wanted except for Dad...


This year for Father's Day, I want to salute all the dads that help with Little League. If it wasn't for you, there would be no Little League. I don't know how it works in other places, but in our town, Little League baseball is entirely run by volunteers. Little League teaches kids so much more than baseball skills. It teaches teamwork, sportsmanship, and perseverance. And for many children who are growing up in single parent homes, this is a great opportunity for mentorship. I still remember with fondness and gratitude all the dads that coached softball or went along on my Girl Scout camping trips when I was a girl. So, even if you don't think you can coach, help with crowd control in the dugout, bring snacks! Get out there and play ball!

Love the toothless grin on Chris!

Riding with big brother Riley!

Uh-oh! Mom at the wheel!

Maya's new "unguella"

1 comment:

Kelshel said...

I love the umbrella.
Is Sarah still in Arizona? Is she planning on moving back home?