Sunday, August 7, 2011

British Columbia





Reasons we love Canada #4:  Ketchup chips (and honey mustard and dill pickle)


Reasons we love Canada #5: this bench made out of hockey sticks.

Lunch in Jasper

The drive from Jasper to Banff

The only ugly apartment building in Banff are living quarters for the staff who work in hotels and restaurants like this one:

The boys decided they like Jasper better than Banff.  It seems more down to earth.  They even have a dog park. In fact, everywhere went, people wanted to pet our dog. 

When we were eating dinner in Banff, we sat next to a large group of Japanese tourists.  I was trying to entertain the boys by showing them how to make a chicken out of a cloth napkin (it works better with a towel).  I noticed an older Japanese woman watching me.  After made the chicken, I held it up to show her while say "bok-bok-bok-bok-bok".  She gave me a thumbs up.  I said "origami" which got a laugh out of her.

We spent the night in Calgary but did not go into the city.  Tomorrow: Glacier National Park.

No comments: