Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back to Reality

I'm home from Anchorage, feeling refreshed and ready to resume my responsibilities of mom and nurse practitioner extraordinaire. I am eternally grateful to both "Gamma" and "Nanna" for taking excellent care of my children as usual while Matt worked and I got continuing education. It was a much needed break for me. I also feel more up to par in the professional department. Two weeks ago I missed out on the Alaska Asthma, Allergy and Immunology Conference because I did not sign up in time. I had been flogging myself about it for two weeks. Having gotten updated on a variety of topics over the weekend, I at least feel more confident about caring for the nonallergic families in my practice.

Yesterday I learned a lot about men's health, popular herbs and nutrients, and diabetes. Now when my alternative health care using patients tell me what supplements they are taking from their naturopath and I might actually know what they are talking about.

Other news: Maya stayed in the church nursery for the first time this morning! This is good news because I am signed up to teach Sunday school next week. The bad news is that everyone else will have to find another way to amuse themselves during the sermon.

No comments: