Friday, September 19, 2008

Cheer Up Dong Nai Families!

This is an emergency post, to cheer up the families with children in Dong Nai Province still waiting for travel authorization. We received a request for cute and funny pictures of the kids.
I am so sorry that you are all still waiting. I hope you all get to go to Vietnam soon!

Maya loves sit inside boxes. She can fit her little bottom into a lunch box!

Here she is sitting in a box looking at books. Her brothers had to get in the photo.

Trying on her Halloween costume. What do you think of this dalmation?


Same box without the brothers.
Funny stories:
1. When Maya wanted another Flintstones or Gummy Bear vitamin, she stood next to the cupboard and whined. When I told her she could only have ONE per day, she looked at me with that determined little face and said "TWO!".
2. She has learned that "poopoo" is a very powerful word. She frequently uses it at bedtime or nap time to get out of bed. Last night when Matt came in to take over the nightly routine, he said "Where are your pajamas, Maya? I thought you were all ready for bed!" I said to Matt: "can you say stalling tactic?" And Maya answered "dalling dacdic".
The wait is long and hard. It doesn't make any sense. I wish I could do something to make it better. Take heart in knowing that your children are cared for. Autumn, Maya and Kiet are all sweet, wonderful, loving children who are thriving. They may have some delays but it's obvious that they were cared for. They are full of spunk and joy. Maya challenges me at times with her stubborn streak but it's that willfullness that kept her alive.
One family wrote in to the Holt magazine that we get in the mail about their tiny little girl adopted from Thailand. I don't remember the exact words, but they said in Thailand, a petite little girl who is very feisty is call something like "lek prikki nu" which means little red hot chili pepper. I just loved that vignette.
Here's the latest video clip I took tonight just for you:

5 comments:

Banalista said...

Hi, I found your blog searching for other Homerians. I think I sat next to you and your daughter (Maya) and your friend at Two Sisters the other. Just wanted to say hello.

Cheers,

Kate

www.katesalaskanadventure.blogspot.com

Stevens Family said...

Love it all!! Such great pics. That can't help but cheer anyone up. She's so precious and her language is really coming along.

Annette said...

Thank you Irene. I loved the video!

Maya is so precious! We love checking out new pictures of her and the boys every week.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Waiting for our little one in Dong Nai,
Annette & Dustin

Wild Wendi said...

You guys rock! Thanks Irene - it's been a long day/week/month/year (they all apply, sigh!) and this definitely brings a smile...
Wendi

Carol said...

Thanks Irene! I too love the video of Maya. It definitely brought a smile to my face. Of course I'm smiling much more these days since the long wait is coming to an end for three of our Dong Nai families. Wow, will we all be beaming when all the waiting children come home.

Carol