Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 2 with Maya

Good morning sunshine! Boy was I pooped last night! I fell asleep at 7:30 after drinking my bottle. Here's me after my morning bath contemplating my new toothbrush.

Last night I held my own bottle but this morning I'm making Mom do all the work. She has this thing about snuggling so I indulged her. You've heard of hat hair or bed head? Well here I've got a bad case of Elimite hair. I slept restlessly for almost 12 hours. I slept between mom and dad and did a bunch of 360s all night long.

Mom couldn't wait to get me in the tub. I didn't even fuss during my bath! I even let her lay me down to get the shampoo out. Johnsons & Johnsons was right, no more tears! I have a new rubber ducky. I didn't revolt until Mom tried to brush my teeth. Don't they have fish flavored toothpaste in America?



After my bath we chatted on the computer with my brothers and both grandmas. They could see me but I couldn't see them for some reason, so I got kind of bored. Daddy let me watch music videos on You-tube while Mom was in the shower. I liked the one about 5 little monkeys jumping on the bed the most.


Now I'm ready to go out on the town. Here's me and Daddy modeling my new Ergo baby carrier. I've got the keys to the City! We're going back to the market to look for some sandals and a sun hat for me. Mom found the section with the organs again. Apparently you have to get there in the morning for the best selection. She took some close-up photos but I told her that would wig out the folks back home so here's a panoramic view:


Then we walked around for a while. We went to the war remnants museum which was really boring for me. So we walked around some more and they got a little lost. But we saw this really cool banyan tree.


We made it back to the hotel just before the rain started. It only rained for about 15 minutes today so I don't know if that counts as a monsoon. I was pretty wiped out since I'm used to having a nap in the morning instead of the afternoon. Mom is really trying hard to keep me on my schedule as close as she can. This schedule thing is hard for her. She is used to the boys eating whenever they want and refusing to take naps. As soon as she got a fresh diaper on me, I lay down on the bed, held my own bottle, slugged back 5 ounces, rolled over and fell asleep. Mom's not sure what she'll do with a baby that holds her own bottle and goes to sleep all by herself but I think she'll figure it out pretty quickly...she said something about more time for blogging. Apparently, my big sister Sarah (the original princess) refused to hold her own bottle and my brothers refused bottles completely. My brother Riley wouldn't nap unless he was nursing. Chris was more easy going. He didn't develop oppositional defiance until age 4.

PS:
3:30pm and I'm still sleeping!

No comments: